Thursday, October 29, 2009

Spiritual Path Reaffirmation


During the Witches' New Year, or Samhain, take time to stop and evaluate your faith and beliefs.

Make a sacred ritual or retreat out of this evaluation.

Light white candles and burn sandalwood, myrrh, or frankincense.

Brew a cup of herbal tea.

Sit down and ask the God and Goddess to guide you on your path.

Write down your beliefs in a journal or your Book of Shadows. Some questions you can meditate on are: What is life? How do I view theuniverse? Why am I here? What affirms my spirituality and what lessens it?How can I bring spirituality into my everyday life? After writing, you can create a statement of faith based on your answers to the questions. Recite what you write by candlelight for the universe to hear. Rediscover and rededicate yourself to your spirituality.


I cannot tell you how much I need this ritual this year. My energy feels scattered, my mind is frazzled and my body in disarray and much need of self-care. I did not do any rituals for Samhain last year and I have regretted ever since, so this year I am sure, that at the least, I am doing this one.


Happy Halloween and Samhain to you, my Blessed readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment