Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Great Breakfast

Dear Readers:

Normally I do not blog about my meals, but did you ever just get one that you wanted to tell people about.  I did this morning, for breakfast.  We stopped in the West Side Diner at 19th and Tilghman Streets, in Allentown, PA - formerly Saylor's Restaurant after we had blood tests taken, now, true it was a fasting blood tests, so maybe we were hungry - but for value and taste it could not be beat.  Yours truly feasted on a Gyro Omelet and my man, on Grannie's Omelet.  Mine was wonderful the gyro meat, fresh tomato and onion omelet was served with a thick cucumber sauce on the side.  KUDOS on the fried potatoes.  I judge my breakfast places on the fried potatoes and these were the best.  Golden crunchy not burned, perfect for a gal who like's her crunchy.  My date loved that fact that the wheat toast was REALLY wheat toast - not that generic I really can't tell if it white or wheat toast and they had blackberry jelly in the little packs, what's not to love about blackberry.  His omelet was huge - it contained potatoes, ham, cheese & onion (he asked them to hold the green peppers) and topped with more cheese and bacon.  All this for $12.61 - the coffee was included!!!! and may I add, my cup was never empty.  Now of course, this is a Thursday morning - but we are going to go again on a weekend to see if we get the same great service.  Two thumbs up for breakfast at West End Diner.

No comments:

Post a Comment