Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Remembering Dreams


Items mentioned in the steps below, including the following: aloes wood, essential oils of juniper, lavender and mimosa, jasmine attar, honeysuckle absolute, tuberose absolute, neroli or petitgrain,

You may substitute anything you do not have readily at hand for something similar, as long as you charge the item with you intentions and research that the substituted item will not have a reverse or otherwise different effect.

I have not tried all of these steps.



Step 1

Try to write down the dream as soon as you wake up.
Keep a pencil and paper next to your bed. As soon as you wake up, jot down all the details that you remember leaving spaces in between. The spaces are for filling in more details as they are remembered or dreamed again later. Once you get into the habit of writing down your dreams, you'll be able to wake up just enough to jot down important details and go back to sleep.  Do this even if it is in the middle of the night. Some of the best laughs I got were when I first started to do this. I would start by writing just key words, thinking that would be enough to remember. Some days I would wake up with things like wagon, moon and potatoes written down, without the foggiest idea why.  But the longer you practice this - the better you get at it.  Remember to state your intentions, outloud if you have to, before you go to sleep.  I use to say something like "I will write down my dreams even if I wake for just a moment".    And literally that is what I would do, I would not even sit up, I would just reach out my hand, pick up the pen and write on the paper, not looking at it at all, which of course, added for a few more laughs sometimes, especially when I wrote words on top of one another.


 

Step 2 - (I have not tried this)
Burn Aloeswood.

Aloeswood is rare. It is believed that when burned, it can deepen the sleep state and allow dream travel to other realms. Burn just a splinter of the Aloes wood at a time while wishing for profound, magical dreams.



Step 3

Take a bath! ( I like baths!)
Add 4 drops of each of the following to a full bathtub: essential oil of juniper, essential oil of lavender, essential oil of mimosa. Bathing in this infusion will relax you and allow for a deeper sleep with stronger dream sequences.



Step 4

Take a Fairy-tale Bath! (although I do bath - this infusion I have never tried)

The following infusion is said to stimulate vivid dreams: 3 drops of honeysuckle absolute, 4 drops of jasmine attar, 4 drops of essential oil or lavender, 3 drops of neroli or petitgrain, and 1 drop of tuberose absolute.

Neroli is expensive but petitgrain has a very similar fragrance that may have even further sedative effects.


Step 5

Create a Dream Potion. (Have not tried this)

Use of Mugwort tea or any dream potion is most effective, but for this activity any beverage will work. Bring a cup of your chosen drink to your bedside before sleeping. Have a sip and say, "When I awake, I will have another sip and remember my dreams." When you wake up, do so.


Step 6

Make a Moon Potion. (Haven't tried this either, but it sounds like a good idea - I would further it by speaking my intentions to the bottle when charging it)
Charge a bottle of REAL spring water in full moonlight then put in the fridge. Before going to bed, pour a small cup of water for yourself. Take a few sips and leave the rest on the nightstand to sip as needed. Reserve a bit to drink just before recording any dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment