Friday, July 9, 2010

A Blessing Spell for Oil Soaked Seas



Calling all Witches! Ritual for healing the Gulf Oil Spill to be done JULY 10 - tomorrow - Saturday
The Ritual is set for 12:00 Noon CST, Saturday 10 July 2010.

I say, if you can't do it precisely at that time, do anytime - all that energy going out has to help!




Preparation



If possible visit the ocean and gather some fresh seawater or using distilled or other pure water add sea salt to create your own seawater. Visualize the waters of the Gulf of Mexico becoming cleaned of oil and as clear as your seawater is. When the vision is clear, bless the water in the name of Gaia and give thanks.



Casting the Circle



Sprinkle the seawater as you cast your circle saying:



Equal is the light and the dark,

With the gift of Water my circle I mark.

As warm sunlight greens the earth,

The Lord and Lady dance with mirth.



Calling the Quarters



After calling each direction and deity, light a candle on the altar. (Optional)



Speak:



Come you spirits of North, powers of earth, hold me rooted by tree and flower. Bring the beauty of your lush green meadows. Be with me this day.



Come you spirits of East, powers of air, sail on golden wings of dawn. Blow away the sheens of oil upon the sea. Be with me this day.



Come you spirits of South, powers of fire, bring the heat of noon to warm my days. Coax the fruit from fertile bud and bring the early harvest. Be with me this day.



Come you spirits of West, powers of water, let my soul flow with the beauty of your tides. Bless the sea with cleansing and health. Be with me this day.



Prince of Light, Lord of Summer, you shine with the fullness of maturity and bless the world with your bright spirit. Join me in this sacred circle. Be with me this day.



Great Mother who gives the world form, as your web of life renews the earth, light that spark within me to awaken my soul. Join me in this sacred circle. Be with me this day.



Standing in front of your altar, raise your seawater. Close your eyes, and visualize the oil spreading across the Gulf of Mexico. Now, see the oil receding and the waters becoming clear and blue. Call forth the power of the great whale to energize your Magick. See the whale swim the clear waters as Gaia intended.



Gaia, Gaia mother of all,

Gaia, Gaia I heed your call.



Oil spilling in the deep seas,

Spilled for greed to appease.



Ocean drilling dangers strong,

Let farmers right this awesome wrong.



Dirty fuels no longer seen,

Oceans safe from oil's sheen



With this spell to provide,

Clean and fresh the morning tide.



Whales now swim in pristine seas,

Free at last from greed's disease.



As I will, so mote it be.

Blessed be!



Closing



Great Mother, I ask that your blessings remain in my heart and that I live in harmony with all that dwell on this earth. Thank you for your presence this day. Stay if you will; go if you must. I bid you farewell.



Lord of Summer and all life, I welcome the new harvest in the fields. Thank you for your presence this day. Stay if you will; go if you must. I bid you farewell.



Spirits of the West, of waters that nourish land and sea, thank you for your presence this day. Stay if you will; go if you must. I bid you farewell.



Spirits of the South, of fire that provides new beginnings, thank you for your presence this day. Stay if you will; go if you must. I bid you farewell.



Spirits of the East, of air and precious breath, thank you for your presence this day. Stay if you will; go if you must. I bid you farewell.



Spirits of the North, of earth that brings forth new life, thank you for your presence this day. Stay if you will; go if you must. I bid you farewell.



As all, good things, sometimes end,

Go forth with the love the Goddess does send.

For if your heart is always true,

The circle will return to you.



Adapted by Storm Wynd

Aka: Stormy)O(

From a Ritual by Sandra Kynes

No comments:

Post a Comment