Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A New Chapter

When I was little, I use to think that every life had a book attached to it and some Master Force, or Angels or whatever read that book and as we lived each day they turned the pages of the book and read the next page.  Our life is full of many chapters.  School, Graduations, Weddings and Jobs.  I thought that when the book was over, we perished from this life. 

Now I wonder where I am in that book right now?  How many chapters are left?  I feel that someone has turned the page and it's blank, waiting for me to fill it in. I've been in a limbo for a year, working part-time not knowing if I had enough to pay the bills, taking from my savings which I thought would be for retirement or those little things that come up when you own a house.  But now that is all but gone and I need to recharge, re-do and re-write some pages.  The life I thought that would exist until those glory days of retirement are not what I thought they would be. 

In the long-awaited change of winter to spring. Seeds sprout, flowers bloom, and the sun warms the earth. There is a sense of renewal and new life all around. While winter was a time to conserve energy and reduce activity, spring is a time of regeneration, new beginnings, and a renewal of spirit.  Maybe that is why I am feeling the way I do.  Spring is around the corner and actually the flowers are already starting to peek out from the ground. 

So let's think like a seed.  I need to get more sunshine, air and water.  Things that we sometimes cut back on in the winter.  I need to mindfully poke my head out of the house and just stand and mindfully take in fresh air and sunshine.  Feel the wind on my face and when warm enough the ground under my feet.  I need to become grounded again in life.

So if you are following with me.  Let's get outside, mindfully salute the sun, the air and mother earth.  Breathe.  Feel every breath go in and out. 

This is a good start.  Zoey K

No comments:

Post a Comment